Sunday, December 13, 2015

Laziness...

It's looking like the weather predictors are going to be right and it might actually be an El Nino winter.  I hope so!  We need the water in CA and I do love listening to the rain!  Unfortunately, I seem to be using a couple hours of rain as an excuse to not get outside and do my run/walk.  Technically I am on week 5 day 3, but it has taken me about 7 weeks to get there.  It all started with the little tweak in my back and continued with rain excuses.  So I've only been doing 2 run/walks per week.  I wish I was more disappointed, but I'm just happy to be doing something.  I'm still getting at least 30min of exercise in daily so that's the most important thing!  Another excuse I keep using is that the dogs are a pain in my butt out there.  But they need their exercise too and I don't know that it is a good idea for me to do too much while I'm on such a low calorie diet.  I do get dizzy and even more hungry when I have more than exercise.  What I suppose I should do is take the dogs out for my warm up, bring them back in and head out for my run/walk and then give them a longer walk in the evening.  Or vice versa-do their longer walk in the am and my run/walk in the evening.  It's only 30min 3 times a week after all!!  So silly!  So that's why I think it is just laziness.  :-)

I am starting to feel a little like it is my last semester in the school year again.  You know that point?  Where it's so close you can taste it, but not quite close enough? I have been at it for 122 days according to My Fitness Pal.  It gave me the 120 day streak 2 days ago, so that's probably an estimate.  :-) I have 45 days left until I start the 4 week transition.  Putting it like that makes it look like I am well on my way to transition.  Yeah!  Just over a month.  Less than a travel nurse assignment.  Phew...I have bought a couple new spices and will try out some new recipes the next few weeks.  That ought to keep me going.  I finally bought whole bean coffee so that I can use my grinder and french press.  I didn't quite make grind enough beans.  I'll have to work on that.  I used the calculations on the kettle and the grinder, but then realized that I don't really know if the kettle thinks of a cup as 6oz or 8oz or 5oz or any of the other ways cups of coffee and tea are measured.  Ah well, tomorrow I will use more beans (or less water).

I've also started researching kitchen equipment to buy.  I had made a list of rewards several weeks ago and haven't bought any yet.  I could have bought 2.  One of the things I'm rethinking is the steamer.  I think I might combine several rewards and get a fancy counter top multi-cooker or electric steamer.  The kitchen aid looks really nice, but it's pricy.  There are cheaper options, but since it's a reward I want the best.  I think the 200lb mark I will get that reward.  That way I will have it for transition week!!  The other reward that I haven't bought yet but really want to before transition is cute bowls and plates.  The only thing I was thinking on the plates is they can wait because I do have those smaller ones, so they aren't needed for transition.  SO, I think the other thing I will get before then is my cute smaller bowls.  I might even just buy one here and there and have a cute little collection of mismatch bowls.  The other thing I really want to buy is a spiralizer.  I could get the fancy Inspiralized one, but there are cheaper options that work as well too.  That can be a later goal as I know they really just want us having steamed veggies when we enter transition.  I really think I will get good use out of the multi cooker.  Esp since you can do grains, veggies and meat all at once.  We can't have grains for a while, but eventually.  I feel like I could have everything prepped the day before and even in the steamer dishes and then just throw it in when I get home from work, turn on the steamer take the pups out for 15-20min and then come home and eat.  See?  I have it all planned.   That's the key to success right?  I'm going a little crazy reading all these healthy recipes.  I should start pinning them for the future.

Other than starting to feel slightly bored, I am doing well.  I have cut back on the fluids and I plan to really add up my fluids for the day and not just water.  I think that cutting back a little has helped with the dizziness.  It has been better for sure.  I'll keep it up and we will see.

On a non-diet topic...I can't remember if I mentioned I took out the personal loan to pay off my credit cards.  I will be sticking to a very strict cash budget for the next 18mo which will hopefully continue after so that the money I was paying for the debt can be saved for a down payment on a condo in about 6-7 years.  I could save 100000 by then which is just enough of a down payment in the bay area!  That's almost an entire house or a 50% down payment in Kansas City!  So crazy!  It would actually be a decent down payment in SoCal as well if I'm ready to make that move by then.  I will be only 15 years from retirement by then after all!

Yikes!!  One day at a time....geez...

4 comments:

  1. Angie, I think you need to purchase your rewards. That is a promise you made to yourself for the extra hard and courageous work you are doing. You want to keep your commitments; especially ones made to yourself.... Your post made me realize I haven't made any reward commitments. Need to think of a couple!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will, I just think I'll put away money for the bigger things. :-) I haven't found any cute bowls I like yet! But I think I decided to buy the fancy Kitchen Aid Multi-Cooker so I'll just change the reward a little to putting away 1/3 of the cost for 3 rewards. That means I will be able to buy it this week! I can't use it for 6, but it will be fun to get!! I like rewards I can use and wouldn't normally spend money on. I used to think of mani/pedi, etc, but then I treat myself to those things anyway so it didn't make sense. :-)

      Delete
  2. PS. We discussed laziness at our last Kaiser weekly meeting. We figure that making a plan is the first strategy. Knowing what we are going to do the next day helps us make sure we work in time to exercise....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I definitely need to go back to getting up at 6 and doing my 30min walk in the mornings even though it's dark! My dogs need it and it helps me have more energy throughout the day (and sleep better at night) so back on track tomorrow!! Thanks for the encouragement!! Week 6 day 1 of C25K tomorrow!

      Delete