Friday, December 18, 2015

End of Week 10!!

So only 6 weeks to go and (5 weekends) before transition!  It really feels like it has flown by!!  This week I am down another 3.6 for a grand total of 32.2lbs.  That's an average of 3lbs/week which is right on track. :-)

I am very happy with the weight loss.  I'm feeling stronger and more like I will be able to meet my goals and get back to a healthy weight and enjoy staying there.  I miss those days!  Of course back then I thought I was fat at 155 (and I'm 5'8") so I wonder if anyone is ever truly happy with where their weight is at.  I'm trying to think of it more as getting to a point where I can physically enjoy all the things I want to do and be comfortable doing them.

I have been stressed the last few weeks still about work.  I'm considering making a change.  I really love the vision I have in mind for how I want to function in ambulatory care, but when the director of your department and definitely not the practice administrator don't have that same vision it makes your vision seem impossible.  It really would take all of those people to change my role which is why it is so frustrating!!  I'm going to give it one more chat and if we can't make it work I think I'm going to go back to floor nursing while I finish my degree.  There is a day shift position with the satellite unit of one of the major children's hospitals here.  I am not crazy about the thought, but it is sort of a relief in a way too.  I just really wish I could make this job what I want, but that's just not the way healthcare works.  It makes me sad to think about it, but then I think about the pluses too: days off during the week, more money and feeling like a nurse again top the list.   We shall see!  I'm going to give it some thought the next couple of weeks before I actually apply (and talk to my current employers about whether they will ever be able to use me to my full scope of practice.)  One thing I noticed is that in the past I probably would have stopped for pizza or ordered pizza and drowned my feelings in too many slices, but instead I had a good frustrated cry (it's also TOM so that does NOT help).  The cry was cathartic and I'm hoping I'm thinking a little clearer.  The other benefit to the position is that it gets me into a great health care system so that I have priority for jobs when I graduate!  So I could get back into ambulatory or whatever and hopefully find something I really want.  I really want my next job to be my forever job.  Anyway, lots to think about and yeah me for not cheating!

On Rewards!
I have met 3 5lb goals so I bought myself a multi-cooker!  I know I can't use it for a while, but it will be ready when I eat.  This weekend I plan to get my apt cleaned up and find a spot for it on my counter top. :-) Our discussion this week was actually about rewards.  I am rewarded every time I do my run/walk with beautiful views, a clearer mind (why am I not running when I come home frustrated?), loads of energy and feelings of confidence.  I suppose those would fit into the physiological and psychological reward categories.  I'm thinking a monetary reward would be putting money for some of my other rewards in a jar for doing things like strength training or drinking water or eating at my table or eating at my table in silence. :-)  And non-monetary is apparently purchasing things (that doesn't make sense to me really, but I will take it.)  So all the things I have already put on my reward list are those. :-)  I don't remember the other types, but that's a good start. Ha!  Think I'll start with strength training goals this week.  I already have run/walk goals (I get to buy a song for my playlist with every week I complete of C25K).  I should probably come up with a goal for completing the first 8 weeks since that is the 5k part and maybe another for the 10k part, etc.  I guess I hadn't gotten very far on rewards.  Anyway, for now I'll say for every strength workout I get to put $5 in a jar for fun stuff!

That's all for tonight!  Best of luck wherever you are in your journey to whoever might be reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment