Thursday, October 22, 2015

Week 1 is Really Finished!

So my official weigh in on my own scale this AM was minus 8lbs.  Yeah!  I think that my face is less puffy, my feet are a little less sore and I am feeling fine.

Today I think I'm a little behind on the water intake, but I have almost had 80oz plus my shakes so maybe not.  I'll just keep drinking!  Last night in class we talked about motivation and started touching on exercise.  I've always enjoyed being active so the only reason I struggle with that part is because I can't do what I used to.  I just really have to get over that and just be happy doing what I can!  So we were challenged to do a couple things...increase our steps by 500 more per day than we are currently doing until we reach 10000 steps per day and write down 3 motivators.  My motivators are 1. To be able to hike and walk and run outside and be comfortable doing it! 2.  To be able to buy clothes I love!  3. To be able to travel comfortably! (and by that I mean, be able to walk and see places and fit in airplane seats and not feel clumsy and like I'm taking up too much space or feel like people are looking at me).  According to my Apple health app I'm averaging 6200 steps per day on the month tab so my goal will be to get 6700.  I think in reality I will probably start getting more than that since I am walking at least 30min.

I'm trying to decide what to do for the holidays this year.  I think I am going to stay here and then go home in March between the boys birthdays.  I'm going to Hawaii in March probably for a friends birthday so I could tack it on to that or go from there.

I'm not doing a great job of finding things to occupy my time in the evenings.  I'm mostly obsessing over blogs and the internet.  This isn't much of a change though, I just have different things to look at.  :-) At some point I want to get away from having 3 screens going at night (phone, laptop, TV) and shrink it to maybe just the TV and some other activity.  :-)  I actually bought one of those adult coloring books so that's a nice way to start.

Off to have my last shake!  Iced or hot?  Hmmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment