Friday, November 13, 2015

My Personal Start of Week 6 Official Weigh In...

Yesterday (Thursday) morning I had my own official first thing in the morning naked weigh in.  I've mentioned before it is the only one I count.

And I'm down another 3lbs for a grand total of 16.4lbs after 4 full weeks of Optifast 800 shakes, bars and soups.  Reminder, Kaiser Northern California is 6 products/day.  I don't know why or different centers decide how many products they start people on, but alas, that is what it is here.  :-)  I think it is just right.  Most likely my goal will be to eat 4-5 times/day so I like that the shakes are spread out in approximately those intervals.  I consider my morning shake just my coffee for the morning and then think of the other 5 items as snacks and meals.

I decided to stay home from work today.  I haven't talked about it much here, but I am a pediatric nurse working in an ambulatory care clinic and lately I have been working hard on some projects.  I have also been feeling like our group doesn't really appreciate the role nurses can have in ambulatory care-we are a super Nurse Practitioner heavy clinic.  In my old like I would have loved that because the NPs I worked with had been nurses and we really had a very collaborative approach.  I think that maybe that relationship is going downhill a bit because of the advent of MEPN programs.  For those who are curious, this is an accelerated program for individuals with a bachelors degree in something other than nurses who want to become nurse practitioners.  The problem with these programs is that its very short and people with sometimes absolutely NO healthcare experience come out feeling like they can take care of patients they really don't have the clinical experience to care for (or just health care experience in general).  Anyway, I've recently heard some of them say things like "don't they see the initials behind my name?" or "I'm not just a nurse."  This has me really thinking about whether I am truly a valued member of the team and whether or not it is time for me to move on.  So-mental health day!!!

So anyway, rant over...

Maybe because of the work situation (PS I adore my coworkers as people) I was having a poor me, I will never lose 70-80lbs moment.  And a why did I let myself go this far moment...you know sabotaging thoughts, etc.  So rather than cheat or sneak some food I did a couple of things.  The first was take the pups to the park.  While there I turned those thoughts into, of course you will become healthy and it is going to take some time, but you have spent 6-7years getting to this point and you will recover faster.  The 3rd thing I did was look for inspirational charts, etc that would help me look at each milestone or victory.

I created 2 things today.  The first is a chart where I can cross of the pounds and it has a list of my rewards (things to help me eat healthy later).  Someone on a site I posted it felt the need to correct my spelling, but rather than feel bad or defensive I laughed at myself and replied that of course I wrote bowel instead of bowl-I'm a GI nurse!  :-)  And I also made a mental note to myself not to correct someone's obviously mistaken typo.  The other thing I created was an excel spreadsheet that I can look at every week and watch my percentage of weight loss go up every week as the pounds go down.  I'll attempt to post them here, but as I'm new to this blog thing I can't make any promises.  :-)


Weight Loss % Chart


Reward Chart...I should have taken a pic of the marked off one but I went ahead and crossed off 225 since that is where I am now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment