Thursday, November 5, 2015

Week 5 weigh in...

I don't think I've been writing the weeks right or it's confusing or I don't know...:-)  Anyway, I started the 5th week of the Kaiser Healthy Weight Management Program last night.  So it was technically my 5th weigh in.  I've completed 3 weeks of product (remember week 1 is no product) and I'm feeling great!  I'm sort of shocked by how good I feel and I don't know if it is because I'm finally on the path to losing the weight I've been carrying for the last 5 years or that I'm walking more than I have in months or that I'm in ketosis and slightly high all the time.  Whatever it is I will take it!!

Everyone says the products become routine and they are right.  I essentially have them at the same time every day.  I don't set a timer or anything like that because I really want to listen to my body.  I think that's a skill I need to have for the future.  Much of my overeating was due to eating when I wasn't hungry or waiting until I was starving and then overeating at night.  SO, my goal is to eat regularly but listen to my body and have a glass of water at my first sign of hunger and then wait 20min or so and if I feel hungry again then I will eat.  This is making my products be about every 2-3 hours which is what is recommended by the plan-and I guess it's that way for a reason.  I bought some Torani syrups that I am adding to the shakes still.  They are all good.  I'm thinking the 2 bars and 1 soup plus 3 shakes will be a good plan for me for the duration.  I like being able to chew and it is sort of like having 3 "meals" and the shakes are like snacks.  I imagine in the future I will continue to eat 5-6 times/day whether it is 3 regular meals and 2-3 small snacks or something similar.  I know it's too early to really think about the future, but what better time?

I am still reading the Beck Diet Solution with the intent that I will just read it now and then start it again the week or so before transition.  I think that cognitive behavioral therapy techniques are great skills to have for anything in life.  Who knows, maybe I will use them to help with other fears, etc.

I've also been doing the C25K running app.  I want to go back to running (slow jogging) a few 5Ks/yr and maybe a couple longer runs.  It's going well.  I have been waking up at 6 without any problems.  I'm turning off my screens at 9 and reading for an hour or so (usually less because I'm tired!)  I'm feeling rested and ready to workout most mornings.  This morning was harder, but I haven't been drinking as much water (2L instead of 80oz) and I wonder if that's why.  It was also Wednesday and I think I don't get as much rest on Wednesdays because of class and I'm anxious to see what my "official" Thursday morning weight is.

Speaking of weigh in!  I lost 2.2lbs this week.  This brings my total to 13.4lbs in the 3 weeks I've been on product.  I'm more than happy with that.  I also imagine that I will level out now at 2-3lbs/week.

We are supposed to start increasing our activity so I'm aiming for about 8000 steps/day this week.  Today I'm falling way short, but I sat at my desk a lot.  Tomorrow should be better.  It's dark when I get home but I need to just get over that and get the dogs our for a 30min walk.  The program doesn't recommend more than 30-60min of exercise based on our intake right now.  I also plan to add in strength training starting next week.  It will help me in so many ways-building muscle of course aids in weight loss because muscle burns more calories than fat plus it will help prevent injuries and strengthen the muscles around my joints.

That's about all I have for tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment